Saturday, March 1, 2008

and who am I? NOT Gaye Dalton, but a mix of good and bad too




an undisciplined but passionate artist, painter, sculptor, photographer

protective daughter, cantankerous sister, relaxed beta mom (and proud of it)

reliable lifelong friend with my exhusband, survivor of an emotionally abusive exboyfriend, somewhat intimacy-phobic but recovering non-committed woman with a couple really great guys in my life

I love my job, the people I work with, and the team I'm a part of where I get to be part one warden, one part therapist, 2 parts Auntie Mame !

I'm an unpredictable but reliable friend to my brigade of Les Grandes Dames.

I explore, challenge, travel but I also navel-gaze, hide and run away.

I welcome the wonderful company of good men into my life, while keeping them at a safe distance.

I'm passionate and loving while also being guarded and wounded.

I'm stubborn as hell !! But full of hope.

My hope was my commitment but kept me in a damaging relationship for years.

My faith is broken, but my willingness to mend it is intact.

I'm slow to learn, but I never forget a lesson.

I'm intelligent, talented and on a good moral path. I also make mistakes.

Most mistakes I laugh easily about, some I'm still trying to make amends to myself over.

I've learned in the last few years what it's like to feel desperation, melodrama, offense, doubt, suspicion, guilt, shame, hatred and rage. I'm more familair with my shadow side now than I ever was before.

And

I also have become intimate with my intuition, my resilience, my humility, and my faith in myself knowing right from wrong.

I'm lazy, undisciplined, and chaotic while also being determined, accomplished, impactful, influential and spontaneous.

I'm politically, globally and locally minded. I read, debate, laugh easily, and I cry too. I'm surrounded by friends, family, rewarding work and outside and self-support for my own creativity. I've had a good life, attached to nature, comfortably and quietly spiritual that took a nose dive for a few years..but the sun is shining again.


I also stand up to bullies and abusers.

"The dry seasons of life do not last. The spring rains come again."

No comments: